BIM is an inspiration to all the AEC (Architectural, Electrical and Construction) industry professionals. The BIM Facility Management technology brings an exciting paradigm for eventually creating growth. Now, what are the key benefits of BIM to a facility manager?
Benefits of using BIM for Facilities Management:
- Quantifiable Advantages: Using BIM and 3D Model, construction professionals can reduce 40% of the time taken by the technician to execute the work order about repairing and maintaining equipment.Researches have found that the calculated time of every step for HVAC and electricity intervention on-site with a BIM Model is less compared to the time taken without a 3D BIM Model.
- Qualitative Advantages: Building Information Modeling helps to optimize the monitoring and surveillance work of the maintenance and technical teams. The 3D BIM model enables curative maintenance and precise budgeting. The progressive 3D model includes technical staff,augmented autonomy, optimal space, equipment management, and improved order management of spare parts.
New Opportunities Combining Facility Management & BIM
Using BIM for the facilities management enables new opportunities including:
- Training of Technical Staff
- Fire Simulation & Emergency Exit
- Geo location and Guidance within a Building
- Remote Building Management
Challenges of Facilities Management through BIM
The benefits of the 3D BIM Model for Facilities Management are real and diverse. However, the key challenges the Facility Manager faces entails ensuring the following:
- Whether the 3D BIM model has been accurately developed from points cloud for existing assets or laterally with the new construction project.
- Whether there is a BIM-enabled FM software application for managing the data coming from the BIM model.
To know more about using BIM in facility management for your construction project, get in touch with the BIM specialists of Tejjy Inc.- A BIM, Architectural, Construction Management, Permit Expedition and Engineering Service Company based in Washington DC at 202-465-4830 or [email protected].