BIM Companies in the USA are implementingPoint Cloud Laser Scanning to BIM for industrial project renovation. Many of the boiler and chiller plants are using a detailed scan for renovation work. The BIM Service Providers in the USA often work with the RCS & RCP scans for creatingthe3D model of Architectural, Structural, Mechanical, and Plumbing trades.
What are the Advantages of Using Laser Scan?
The Building Information Modeling Company in the USA captures comprehensive information about a component in physical space and allows accurate modeling and coordination. The 3D BIM scanning procedure facilitates varied phases of construction like 3D model creation, 3D visualization as well as Quality Inspection.
What are the Benefits of Point Cloud BIM Services?
- Precise 3D modeling of individual trades for renovation from laser scanning data, allowing stead fastness & quality assurance
- At the time of renovation, construction scan to Building Information Model provides an improved platform for creating added detail of design for an extension
- As-Built Drawings from BIM Point Cloud help in creating Planning, Elevation & Section Sheet for Architectural, Structural and MEP trades
- Enhanced transparency & streamlined communication with 3D BIM visualization facilitate quick decision making at the time of renovation & extension
- Elimination of RFI’s, work stoppage and rework by checking the accurateness& completeness of 3D Model from laser scanning data
Application of Point Cloud Services
Point Cloud to BIM Service is often required by the general contractors in the USA for creating various models of Architectural, Structural & MEP elements such as the exterior & interior walls, windows, doors, ceiling, floor, roof, structural column, beam, slab, bracing, trusses, floor, duct, pipes, and other equipment.
What are the Deliverables from Point Cloud to BIM Services?
3D BIM Modeling at LOD 300 & 400 for Architectural, Structural &MEP (Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing) trades based on the Data of the Cloud Scan used for Renovation.
BIM Service providers in the USA create the 3D Models using BIM, based on point cloud scan data for enhancing transparency &streamlining communication for quick decision making during the As-Built Phase.
- Quality Revit BIM models ensure that the Revit components are created intelligently with the practicality to serve the purpose
- The parametric families encompass real-world information or performance models, essential for running calculation analysis as well as simulations
Instances of Industrial Plant 3D Modeling for Laser Scan to BIM
- Architecture – 3D BIM Model of Door, Window& Wall
- Structure – 3D Modeling of Beam, Column, Slab, Equipment Pad & Wall
- Plumbing – 3D Model of Pipes, Valve &Fittings
- Mechanical – BIM Modeling of Pipe, Duct, Valves, Accessories &Equipment
- As-Built Drawing Creation from Point Cloud for Planning, Elevation & Section Sheet of Architectural, Structural & MEP Services
- As-Built Drawing Preparation from the BIM Model serves as a complete reference tool for enabling future project planning including extension, renovation as well as redevelopment from point cloud data
- As all specifications about the building erection, dimension, fabrication, elevation, materials, and location can be acquired from the As-Built Drawings; they can be used by the clients for resolving disagreements about insurance claims.
Point Cloud to BIM Work Process in Revit Software Platform
- Input Prerequisite for 3D BIM Modeling & Drawings
- Scan data(RCS) supporting Revit Software application
- real photos of an existing site condition
- As-Built Drawings of some areas
- Raising RFIs for Resolving Issues in Various Trades
- Areas concealed by equipment or elements
- Difficulty in gauging the diameter of insulated duct or pipes
- The discrepancy between the point cloud and as-built drawing
- Supporting Point Cloud Software Usage
Supporting Software Applications for Point Cloud facilitates visualizing and accurately navigating the point cloud. Further, by using these software platforms, dimensions can be easily obtained for the BIM model.
- Work Process Followed by the BIM Companies in the USA:
- Insertion of Point Cloud Data (RCS) in Revit Software Platform
- Trade wise Model Creation in Revit
- Forming a Set of Clarification for a Concealed Space
- Making an Assumption Logbook for Clarification
- Quality Checking for Missing Components & Abnormalities amongst Scan & Model
- Submission of the Complete Model for the Sake of Review & Feedback
- Quality Checking
- Following Standard checklist for Quality Analysis/Quality Checking
- Preparing Section views in Revit for Checking deviations
- Formulating Standard Checklist for QA/QC
- Creating Section views in Revit for checking deviations
What is the Specialty of Using Laser Scan to BIM?
Laser Scanning to BIM conversation plays a significant part in an existing building renovation. The BIM Modelers develop all elements in 3D as per the individual scan data for modeling of all trades.
Software Used in Point Cloud Laser Scan to BIM
- Autodesk Revit
- Autodesk Recap 360
Value Addition through Point Cloud to BIM Services
- Reviewing interdisciplinary coordination based on Scanned data
- Creation of an accurate 3d BIM model of individual trades for renovation and extension work from scan data, enabling reliability & quality assurance
- Enhanced transparency & streamlined communication with BIM 3D visualization for quick decision making during renovation & extension phases.
Want to implement Laser Scan Point Cloud to BIM services for your industrial plant in the USA? Get in touch with Tejjy Inc. at 202-465-4830 or [email protected]
The Women Minority Certified Construction Company in Washington DC provides comprehensive BIM (Building Information Modeling) services, BIM Engineering Solutions, Laser Scan to BIM Services, BIM Clash Detection, 4D Construction Scheduling, Construction Management, Permit Expedition, and Architectural Services in Washington DC, Maryland, Virginia, Baltimore, New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia and Pennsylvania areas in the USA.