4d sequencing helps in visualizing building interaction amongst architectural, structural and MEP services. The technique constitutes a vital part of design development. “Will my building cast shadow on an adjacent house?” “Will my entrance match with other construction in my locality?” “Will my doorway be congested?”
The answer to all these questions would be seeking BIM 4d sequencing services for effective construction visualization. BIM (Building Information Modeling) provides the competence to visualize building performance at the pre-construction stage.
If you want to enhance the chance of winning construction bids, you should get rid of errors in your building work process. 3D modeling, 4d BIM scheduling services and 5D BIM cost estimation enable the perfect construction visualization.
How to improve the chance of winning a project through Construction Visualization?
3d modeling, 4d sequencing and 5d BIM cost estimation services are enhancing the chance of winning project bids by providing accurate construction visualization at the pre-construction stage. Here are the benefits of 3d, 4d sequencing and 5d BIM.
Benefits of 3D Modeling in Construction
Benefits obtained from 3D BIM Modeling include project transparency, construction visualization & design validation. 3D acts as a competent promotional tool for marketing presentation that helps to validate the design before construction enhancing work safety on-site. AEC project stakeholders get a glimpse of virtual reality with 3D BIM.
Key Advantages obtained from 3D BIM firms:
- Improved Construction Site Logistics, Building Methodology & Better Construction Visualization
- Building Safety through Virtual tours of Building to be constructed
- 360 Degree Collaboration with Future Construction
Scenarios evaluated with 3d BIM visualization
- 3D representation of construction site logistics
- Visual depiction of crane arm’s reach for accurate planning of the number of crane placement
- Pre-planned crane movement path for safety
- Construction methodology of structural steelwork, façade, landscaping, tent replacement
Benefits of BIM 4d sequencing/4d scheduling
4D BIM Construction scheduling adds time-related information to the 3D model. Revit 4d sequencing facilitates construction phasing, program validation, demolition, renovation and expansion.
4D BIM is the technique of intelligent linking of a 3D model with time and schedule-related information, providing useful project information to the stakeholders. Construction animations evolving from the BIM Model support decision-making from the earliest conceptual stages, through design and construction to operation.
BIM 4d sequencing or Construction Phasing is helpful for:
- Visualization of construction sequencing for material storage and site access
- Identifying design errors in the construction plan
- Optimizing path for starting the construction work
- Obtaining daily progress information from the construction site
- Enabling construction planners to compare planned vs. actual
Scenarios evaluated with 4d scheduling/4d sequencing
- Showing clashes, leading to fatal accidents
- Virtual mock-up of buildings representing exact material and virtual visualization layout
- Identifying constructability issues, like manhole conflict with building structure and the manhole getting shifted after BIM implementation
Benefits of BIM 5D Cost Estimation
5d facilitates real-time conceptual modeling and cost planning. Top BIM companies in USA extract quantity from the 3D BIM model for detailed cost estimation and project budgeting. 5D BIM adds cost data to the BIM model, assisting calculation of the total project cost.
5D BIM Modeling is useful for:
- Reducing rework and save time in quantity estimation
- 5D BIM cost estimation allows stakeholders to get a single view of the project in real-time
How BIM 4D Sequencing Supports Decision Making from Conceptual to the Final Stage?
Construction Program gets validated with 4d sequencing. Project stakeholders could compare what is planned at the pre-construction stage with what is happening in reality. They could review the constructability issues before the beginning of the construction from the various stages of design development including schematic, conceptual and detailed design development to construction documentation.
To take an instance, seeking 4d BIM Planning, Scheduling and Sequencing technique enables an engineer to see whether there is an adequate space for maintenance inside a Shaft and how Floor Drain is located in the Shaft. Implementing BIM 4d sequencing ensures ease of access, maintenance, provisions and facilities management.
Read more on Navisworks Managing BIM 4D Simulation to get an idea of managing BIM 4d sequencing with Navisworks software application.
Maximizing Return on Investments through 4d BIM Visualization/BIM 4D Sequencing
It has been proved that BIM 4D Scheduling is facilitating construction project in various parts of the globe. Some of the real-life examples in the construction domain catered by BIM 4d Sequencing include the following:
- BIM has made views straight, implementing architectural changes.
- BIM 4D sequencing showed P-Trap Clashing with Ceiling & Soil Pipe and how S-Trap to be used.
- BIM detected code violation with the presence of soil pipe in an electrical room and resisted the Code Violation.
- Identified Design Discrepancy in structural services.
- Validated Parapet Wall Height Mismatch between construction plan and section drawings.
- Facilitated Drawing Validation, where pipe clashed with structure and diameter of the pipe got missing.
- BIM-enabled BBS Reinforcement Validation & Design Changes based on Rebar projection and Bar size optimization.
- 4d sequencing also helped in Cut-Out Location Correction.
- BIM 4d sequencing also enabled identification of space constraint, eliminating rework and wastage of time.
- 4D BIM Technique also detected Civil Design Mismatch with MEP plan, thus saving disaster during erection.
Take a look at how 4D BIM with AI Supports Commercial Construction Projects? to get more information on BIM 4d sequencing.
Best BIM Recourse for Construction Visualization at Pre-construction
Are you searching for one of the best BIM companies in USA? Opt for Tejjy Inc. – one of the top BIM Modeling Firms in USA serving Texas, Florida, California, Virginia, Baltimore and several other areas in Washington DC.
Being one of the proficient BIM service providers in USA, Tejjy Inc. delivers 3d, 4d, 5d, 6d and 7d BIM Revit BIM services. Call the BIM modelers at 202-465-4830 or send an email to [email protected] to implement 4d sequencing in your construction project from the pre-construction stage.