The significance of building MEP drawing is marked in the smooth operation of construction workflow. It is to be remembered, that if insufficient information is communicated by the construction drawings, it could lead to a hampered design implementation.
The main aim of the construction drawings, popularly called plans, blueprints, and working drawings show us what is to be built, while the specifications emphasize on materials, installation and quality standards. Architectural, engineering and construction professionals get all dimensions, details, notes and graphic information from the construction drawings. Be it a 3d floor plan, exterior or interior elevation or other details, showing how the buildings would be put together, the construction professionals visualize the entire picture of the construction through BIM coordination drawings.
Currently, top BIM modeling services are facilitating AEC professionals by providing the right tool and the insight to efficiently plan, design, construct and manage building infrastructure. The engineers are working with building MEP drawings, Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning shop drawings, mechanical fabrication drawings, etc. using Building Information Modeling.
Let’s now take a look at the different building drawings created through BIM modeling for smooth execution of construction workflow:
- Building MEP Drawings – MEP shop drawings derived from the 3D BIM model are produced by combining mechanical, electrical and plumbing services. The drawings enable fabrication, manufacturing, installation, assembly, as well as the maintenance of mechanical, electrical and sanitation components of a building. Using top MEP modeling services, parametric modeling and library creation could be accomplished for HVAC and MEP components.
- BIM Coordination Drawings– Coordination drawings are reproduced through BIM model, showing horizontal and vertical dimensions essential for avoiding interference with structural, framing MEP rough-ins, fire protection, elevators, and other floor and wall penetrations. BIM coordination drawings help various services to coordinate with each other based on design.
- MEP As Built Drawings – As-built drawings constitute to be a revised set of drawings submitted by a contractor, after completing a project or a specific job. The final as-built drawings encompass all details, as well as the modifications made during the building phase of a project. Though prepared by the contractor, Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing as built drawings are more like interpolations done for construction purposes. These help to create effective construction documentation, highlighting changes in red.
- Engineering Assembly Drawings – Engineering assembly drawings are also supported through Building Information Modeling. The drawings demonstrate the process through which sub-assembly drawings, detailed parts, standard components as well as other specifications assemble in a unified way.
- HVAC Shop Drawings – The shop drawing constitutes to be the contractor’s drawn version of the information shown in construction documents. HVAC shop drawings are more detailed compared to construction documents. Shop drawings obtained from the BIM model facilitate in elucidating fabrication or installation of various items to the manufacturer’s production or contractor’s installation crew.
- Mechanical shop drawings– Accurate mechanical shop drawings produced from the BIM model provide comprehensive information, acting as a cornerstone for accurate fabrication and installation. The drawings facilitate manufacturing, fabrication, installation, assembly and maintenance of mechanical components within a building.
- Mechanical Fabrication Drawings – AEC project stakeholders also opt for these drawings from top BIM modeling service providers. The detailed fabrication drawings are virtual assembly drawing, when a number of items are assembled as a fabrication. The fabrication drawings encompass a list of materials, identifying everything to be used to build up the fabrication.
If you want to get a smooth execution of your construction workflow, opt for the best BIM modeling services from Tejjy Inc. design-build firm in USA. Get in touch with BIM service provider in USA at 202-465-4830 or [email protected] for your specific mechanical requirements and processes. Seek accurate technical drawings from the BIM engineering company and communicate your mechanical work process in a competent way.