How Revit BIM Family Creation Caters Structural Engineers?
BIM consulting companies provide accurate and lucrative solutions for Structural Engineering firms. They specialize in virtual construction of 3D BIM models by using different types of inputs like contract documents, sketches, red markups and design documentation.
At the time of modeling, structural engineering team validate design for constructability of various wood, steel and concrete structures like column size, structural openings, beam depths and clashes. BIM companies match the international codes and structural standards as applicable for various projects. Quality controlled process adopted by top structural steel detailing service providers help to document the standards and preference of clients for ensuring complete compliance.
What are the Revit BIM Family Creation for Structural Engineers?
Top Revit BIM services for structural engineers include structural design development and coordination, 3d modeling, construction drawing set creation and 5D BIM bill of materials.
Design Development & Coordination
Expert BIM consulting company assists structural engineering firms in DC, Maryland, Connecticut in the process of design development stage. Structural Revit BIM modelers understand their design-intent and provide value-added support with design evolution from conceptual or schematic to the stage of construction documentation. They work with various inputs such as conceptual drawings, red-line mark-ups, single line diagrams and translate the designers’ thought into 2d drawings or 3D models.
The various stages of design development and coordination include schematic design, detailed design and construction documentation. At the schematic design stage, the designer’s sketch interprets the desired functional relationship amongst various activities translated into Revit model. In the detail design stage, schematic designs are worked out in details. Construction documentation acts a bridge between design and physical form of the building, encompassing drawing preparations for the construction project.
BIM consulting company uses Revit Modeling Services for proper planning and coordination of projects in an industry. Advancement in 3D Building Information Modeling has revolutionized the structural engineering services. BIM encompasses the use of coordinated 3D model by linking it to intelligent databases for a building project. Implementing BIM to structural steel detailing allows seamless collaboration, quick decision making, accurate construction documents and improved construction.
Models are also produced for accurate 3D Modeling of Wood, Steel & Concrete from approved structural drawings. 3d BIM services are used for structural steel detailing, design and prefabrication. If you work in a BIM environment, you are able to easily manage complex structural design projects, such as wood framing and modeling.
Building Information Modeling also facilitates in producing reports for improving production. Some of the structural 3d BIM Models include concrete structures of buildings and tanks, wood structures, steel structures of pre-engineered buildings as well as pre-stressed and post-tensioned structures like parking garages.
Construction Documentation is another BIM service that acts a bridge between building design and physical building form. Revit BIM services encompass the preparation of drawings and specifications for the construction of building projects.
The Revit structural families in the models comprise of elements, accurate in terms of size, shape, location, quantity and orientation with fabrication, assembly and detailed information. Analysis performed at this stage includes Clash Detection, Sequencing & Cost.
5D BIM Bill of Materials
Building Information Modeling facilitates in accurately calculating the quantities of all materials for Structural Engineers. All these quantities get automatically updated whenever any modification is made to the BIM model.
5D BIM Bill of Material helps to make accurate cost estimation at the pre-construction stage planning, facilitating all project stakeholders to enhance productivity and execute constructability analysis. The structural engineers plan, prepare and update project schedules, improving the life-cycle performance of the facilities.
What are the Revit BIM Modeling components for Structural Engineers?
Let’s now take a look at the components of Revit structural family creation used by BIM consultants.
Here are some instances of Revit structural families:
- Standard Foundations of Structural Steel Engineering – Wall Foundations, Grade Beams, Pile Caps, Footings, Trench, Base Plates
- Special Foundations – Pile Foundations, Grade Beams, Grouting
- Slab in Grade – Structural & Inclined Slab on Grade, Trenches, Pits, Bases, Under-Slab Drainage
- Basement Walls – Basement Construction, Moisture Protection, Basement Wall Insulation
- Floor Construction – Basement & Upper Floor Construction, Balcony Floor Construction, Exterior Stairs, Fire Escapes
- Roof Construction – Flat & Pitched Roof Construction, Canopy, Equipment Pads
- Exterior Walls – Parapets, Louvers, Screens, Balcony Walls, Handrails, Exterior Soffits
- Exterior Windows & Doors – Curtain Wall, Glazed Door, Entrance, Solid, Revolving, Overhead & Personnel Doors
- Roof Coverings & Openings – Roof Finishes, Coping, Roof Eaves, Soffits, Gutters, Downspouts, Skylights, Glazing, Roof Hatches, Vents
- Partitions – Fixed, Site Built Toilet Partitions & Compartment Cubicles, Interior Windows
- Interior Doors – Interior Door Frames, Wall Opening Elements, Sidelights, Hatch & Access Doors
- Fittings – Fabricated Toilet Partitions, Compartments, Cubicles, Storage Shelving, Lockers, Metals, Handrails, Water Closet, Sink
- Stair & Stair Finishes – Stair Treads, Risers, Landings, Handrails
- Floor Finishes – Floor Toppings, Carpeting, Curbs, Trim, Skirting
- Ceiling Finishes – Ceiling Finishes, Suspended Ceilings & Soffit
- Elevators & Lifts – Passenger & Freight Elevators, People & Wheelchair Lifts
- Escalators & Moving Walks – Escalators, Moving Walks
Where to get Revit Structural Family Creation?
If you want to get revit family creation, choose one of the best structural steel engineering firm – Tejjy Inc. The structural engineers of Tejjy Inc. integrate Building Information Modeling data with procurement, document management, project management, budget evaluation and project risk management with Revit BIM services. Expert BIM consultants of Tejjy Inc. make comprehensive analysis of detailed structural components such as beams, columns and floors and deliver project in a risk-free environment. Get in touch with the BIM consulting company in DC, Maryland, Connecticut at 202-465-4830 or [email protected] to build residential, commercial and infrastructural facilities through Revit Modeling services.