What are Construction Drawing Services?
Construction Drawing Services for building designs facilitate in automating, streamlining and organizing construction documentation process. Home builders along with architectural companies seek competent construction drawing services to resolve productivity problems.
It is found that most building projects end up with design rework, involving huge money and time. Sometimes, the costs of major civil engineering project can go up to 20%. The most common causes of rework include omissions, errors, operational changes, fabrication glitches and project enhancements. Seeking shop drawing services from a competent BIM company in USA facilitates construction documentation, resolving construction and design issues.
A variety of construction drawings are used in construction projects, including architectural drawings, structural, electrical, plumbing and mechanical shop drawings. These building drawings provide competent layout floor plans to convey the perspective of the designer to the layman at the site. The ‘detailing drawings’ point out the overall building appearance of the structure to find out accurate measurement.
5 major construction drawings
1. Architectural Drawings
Architectural drawings are the primary drawings used for construction. All design details of the project like site plan, set out plan, elevations, sections, etc. are included in the architectural construction drawings. Some of the common architectural drawings provided by top construction company involve:
- Site Plan – This primary drawing helps to mark out the plan on the ground. This helps to represent the location, orientation as well as the information regarding the topography, landscaping utilities and site work.
- Working Plan – These working drawings in architecture provide the information of the horizontal dimensions of the building, wall thickness, clear spaces within the building as well as the column locations. Further, the work drawings show the openings of the building doors, windows and ventilators.
- Section Drawings – These drawing represent the construction of materials for the measurement of the building and structural components like slabs. The drawing shows how the building is cut through a vertical plane.
- Elevation Drawing – The drawings show the information about openings, shape of external surfaces as well as the building height. These are created for retaining an aesthetic view of the construction.
2. Structural Engineering Drawings
Structural drawings form the backbone of building construction. These contain all information pertaining to the structural conflicts on a building, comprising of various drawings with minute details. Cost-effective engineering drawing services from a competent construction company enable accurate door and, window schedule, floor framing and material scheduling. Basic structural drawings encompass:
- General Note Excavation Drawing – The drawing represents the dimensions of footing excavation, column position, footing plan as well as column grid lines.
- Plinth Beam Plan – This structural drawing signifies the position, dimension and section of the plinth beam with the details of reinforcement in plinth beam.
- Lintel Beam Design – This construction design drawing represents the dimension, location and sections of lintel beam and reinforcement details in lintel beam.
- Roof Beam & Shuttering Arrangement- This is a representation of the details of reinforcement of roof beam, its section and shuttering details.
- Roof Slab Layout – Here, the reinforcement details of roof slab, sections and openings in the roof for stairs and skylight are represented.
3. Mechanical Shop Drawings
BIM engineers produce the mechanical shop drawings to resolve clashes through duct re-routing, resizing and modifying elevations. Detailed shop drawings generated from the BIM model help in shop drawing installation and pre-fabrication.
- Installation Drawings – Developed from coordinated detail drawings, installation drawings help to install mechanical parts. They are significant for complex installations of data centre, plant rooms, ventilation system, under-floor heating, etc.
- Block-out Drawings – These drawings contain essential information about building assembly and are located towards the bottom of the drawings.
- Sleeve, Insert, Hangar – Sleeve drawings help to insert sleeves on the pipe of your choice. Frame hangars complete design drawings for an industrial building with elevated crane.
- Spool Drawings – These drawings act as a guide to plumbers for understanding what they are encountering. A pipe gets split into different sections called spool to furnish the information of all parts welded together in a shop on a single drawing.
4. Electrical Drawings
Electrical drawings show the details of the electrical fixtures, position of fan, light, switches, etc. The drawings also represent a load calculation, tapping of electricity, wiring and other interventions like AC and UPS as well as AC and its mechanisms. Examples of electrical BIM drawings include:
- Electrical Power Layout – This shows the information about power, lighting as well as communication for an engineering project. The plot shows the building location and electrical wiring on every floor.
- Sleeve Drawings – Sleeve in construction helps to access the material for a pipe or conduit wiring. To take an instance, the sleeves required to be placed in the walls before the placement of conduits.
- Prefabrication drawings – Prefabricated electrical drawings integrate prefabricated mechanical and electrical components into a module for off site manufacturing.
- Data cable and Fire Alarm drawings – Communications channels are permitted with cables, power-limited fire alarm cables and low-powered network broadband communications cables.
5. Plumbing Drawings
Plumbing drawings give the location of sanitary and other piping details for water supply as well as fixtures. These drawings represent the line size & location, hot-water capacities, drain locations and routing.
If you want to obtain MEP shop drawings, consult top BIM engineers in USA. The competent BIM consultants work with electrical layout plans. roof plan. ceiling plan and other construction drawings for architectural, mechanical, electrical and plumbing services. Discuss your construction design services and comprehend your complete construction details.